This is a quick and easy guide on how to allow the root user remote access via SSH to your Linux machine.
- Connect to your Virtual Machine using the VNC in your Customer portal.
- Edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config using nano text editor.
- Edit line – PasswordAuthentication and set to yes as per screenshot.
- Edit line – PermitRootLogin and set to yes as per screenshot.
- Press ctrl x and save.
- Restart the SSH service as per screenshot.
sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
sudo service sshd restart
VNC access to your Virtual Machine
Thank you for reading – if you would like to get in touch please follow the following link